Sapphire Lutheran Homes will celebrate the summer of 2019 with their Seventh Annual Summer Concert Series and Shakespeare in the Parks.
The events include:
• “Raise the Roof” begins the season on Friday, June 21, at 7 p.m. This dynamic group provides the perfect tunes for dancing, romancing, scooting and hooting. Raise the Roof plays country rock, rhythm and blues, gospel, reggae and soul, and their milk-and-honey harmonies, soaring solos and driving rhythm result in dancers flocking to the dance floor!
• Friday, June 28, at 7 p.m. “The Ringling 5” will perform. Ringling 5 is a group of Eastern Montana ranchers who will change everything you thought you knew about ranching. Taking their name from the small town of Ringling, many of their original songs celebrate Montana’s small towns and rural lifestyle. The Ringling 5 will tell you the truth about ranching today with country music, humor and down-home insights. Join in to learn what it’s like to sort cows with your wife or trade in your horse for a four-wheeler.
• Friday, July 5, at 7 p.m. “The Tomcats” will perform. The perfect recipe for dancing, fun and great times! Start with three guys who really love to play music. Stir in a little country, classic rock, blues and oldies. Shake in a little 80’s and 90’s music. A dash of sing-along and audience participation, energy and fun … and you have The Tomcats!
• Following their performance, the night sky will light up with a post-Independence Day fireworks display! Steve Boshae of Cow Palace Fireworks will provide the pyrotechnics that are, again, sure to be a blast.
• Friday, July 12, at 7 p.m. “Beatles for Sale” will be performing. The Beatles for Sale pride themselves on replicating the Fab 4’s onstage image, sparing no expense with their equipment and outfits. The ultimate intention is to recreate the magic of the Beatles in their 1960’s heyday. All of their equipment is vintage (except the PA system, of course—that’s too risky!). The guys even replicate the personalities of the Beatles, being described as honest, reliable, humorous … and very entertaining!
• Sapphire Lutheran Homes will host Montana Shakespeare in the Parks’ performance of “Henry IV (Part 1)” on Thursday, August 22, at 6 p.m. Montana Shakespeare in the Parks (MSIP) is the only fully professional touring theatre program in the state currently producing Shakespeare’s plays, the only Shakespeare company in the country to reach as extensively into rural areas and the only company in the state that offers its performances free to the public, guaranteeing accessibility to all. To find out more, visit shakespeareintheparks.org.
All of these events are free and open to the public. Sapphire Lutheran Homes is located at 501 North Tenth Street in Hamilton. Call Dominic Farrenkopf at 406-363-2800 for more information or visit sapphirelutheran.org.