Have an event you would like to add? Click here.
When submitting an event, be sure to include date(s), time, venue (location), and organizer information. If the event is missing any of this information, your event may not be published. All submitted events will be reviewed before they are posted. This may take up to 2 business days.
- This event has passed.
Learn to Harvest Your Own Pig or Turkey for the Holidays
November 20, 2021 - November 23, 2021$100
In our effort to build a resilient and self-reliant Bitterroot we want to teach people how to thoughtfully harvest your own food.
Sign up for one of a few slots over this three day workshop and learn:
– how to cultivate resilient and self-reliant food systems in community
– how to humanely kill and gut a miniature pot belly pig or broad breasted, bronze turkey and what you need to know about its anatomy
– how to skin and quarter a pig for roasting or how to scrap the outer hide for a whole pig roast
– how to pluck and eviscerate your turkey
– cooking tips for how best to prep, store, and cook your feast
Refreshments will be provided.
*If you aren’t ready for harvest but still want to eat local bounty, you can order a fully processed pig and/or turkey on tickets page. Young piglets for raising are available for sale now via the Tickets page.
Cultivating Connections teaches real job skills in the Agricultural and Home Arts, using food as the tool to bring people together through education, participation, and celebration.