Have an event you would like to add? Click here.
When submitting an event, be sure to include date(s), time, venue (location), and organizer information. If the event is missing any of this information, your event may not be published.
- This event has passed.
Fish & Wildlife Commission
August 15 @ 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
The Montana Fish & Wildlife Commission will meet Thursday, August 15 at FWP Headquarters in Missoula at 3210 Spurgin Road. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. and will be streamed live via video to all FWP regional offices and the Helena Headquarters. The meeting also will be audio streamed online at fwp.mt.gov.
The commission will make final decisions on the following topics:
- Selection of Organizations to Auction 2020 Moose, Sheep, Goat, Mule Deer and Elk Licenses
- Future Fisheries Improvement Program Summer Funding
- Kootenai Forestlands Conservation Easement, R1
- Stimson Lumber Recreational Access Agreement, R2
- Nongame Checkoff Workplan
- Trapping Regulations
The commission will hear the following presentations and proposals:
- Madison River Recreation Rules, R3 — Informational Only
- Consent to Water Right/Change Issuance Policy — Informational Only
- Fireman’s Point FAS Forestry Project
- 2020 Fishing Regulations
- Everson Bench Conservation Easement, R4
- Elk Management in Areas with Brucellosis 2020 Annual Work Plan
- Elk Shoulder Season — Update
The commission will also look at endorsing the following:
- Lost Trail Conservation Easement, R1
- Garrity WMA Stumptown Addition, R2
- Sleeping Giant Fee Title Acquisition, R3
- Mount Haggin WMA Grassy Mountain Addition, R3
- Whiskey Ridge Conservation Easement, R4
- Lost in Time Conservation Easement, R7
FWP ensures its meetings are fully accessible to those with special needs. To request arrangements, call FWP at 406-444-3186. For the full agenda and background on the scheduled topics, go to the FWP website at fwp.mt.gov; under “Quick Links” click “Commission.”