Montana Farmers Union is sponsoring a Rebuilding Food Resiliency workshop on Tuesday, September 21 from 11:30 am to 1:30 p.m. at the Western Agricultural Research Station, 580 Quast Lane, Corvallis.
The program will accompany a complimentary meal at each location. Workshop topics include Farm Food Safety Planning, The Growth Through Agriculture Program, ARPA Funding for Small Producers, and information on the new Montana Premium Processing Co-op.
Workshop Series Details:
• Overview of the President’s Promoting Competition in the American Economy Executive Order including specifics on directives including Right to Repair, Packers and Stockyards Act, defining “Product of the USA” labels, healthcare, technology, and more. Presented by Walter Schweitzer, President of Montana Farmers Union;
• Building Resiliency through on Farm Food Safety Planning and Practices; Jan Tusick, Mission Mountain Food Enterprise Center;
• Information on the Growth Through Agriculture Program, Montana Department of Agriculture;
• Funding for small producers through ARPA;
• The new Montana Premium Processing Co-op; Matt Rains, Montana Farmers Union.