The focus of this letter is on “Woke” or Cancel Culture, censorship and gun control. Again, these are my opinions based upon 82 years of experience living in this great country.
What started out as “political correctness” many years ago has now morphed into what is called ‘Woke’ or Cancel Culture and/or gender identity. The arguments being used to project this societal re-orientation are many but include the following:
- Any historical object be it statues, written history or patriotic concepts must be destroyed if there is any remote connection to slavery or racial prejudice.
- Biological gender can no longer be used to refer to persons in speech or writing. This has further evolved into school courses from kindergarten to college-level promoting non biological gender identity.
My reaction is, what in the hell are we talking about? Have we lost our collective minds? We are being told that if we don’t go along with this B.S. we are racist. I beg to differ. I contend those pushing this nonsense are the racist ones.
The censorship being levied on our society should scare every citizen. In case you have been asleep, several of the so-called social platforms have implemented their own censorship criteria and will kick you off if you violate their criteria. A cursory analysis of this trend will quickly show you that their criteria is oriented toward controlling conservative thought. Similar censorship has been implemented by the so called main-stream news media both TV and printed news.
Let me give one example of slanted or false news being promulgated on our society – the death of George Floyd. How many of our readers have paid attention to what happened to Mr. Floyd prior to the neck-kneeling footage which has generated so much societal unrest and so many riots. Granted, you do have to dig for information but I have seen footage which shows Mr. Floyd crying out that he can’t breathe while the officers are trying to load him into a police vehicle well before he was taken to the ground. Additionally, the official autopsy shows that Mr. Floyd had a “fatal amount of fentanyl in his blood.” Mr. Floyd was a career criminal and drug addict not the innocent family man portrayed by his family and lawyers. Mr. Floyd was the primary cause of his own death.
On to gun control. The Democrats have already put forth at least two gun control bills: one to expand background checks and a second to prohibit the sale of “assault rifles.” In my opinion, both of these are a waste of time and money. If you take a quick look at crimes involving the use of guns, you will see that the vast majority are stolen or no longer belong to the original purchaser. If we want to reduce the criminal use of guns, we need to figure out how to solve the broken family problem we have in this society. As to assault rifles, you can use historical perspectives to claim that all guns were “assault” guns at one time or another in history. The obvious long term intent of the Democrats is to ultimately outlaw all guns. Think about a couple of historical examples of what might very well happen then:
- Germany established gun control in 1938. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, mentally ill people and other mongrelized people unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Final thoughts. I see many similarities between the rise of the Nazi party prior to World War II in Germany and what is presently happening in this country.
- Civil unrest was spread through misinformation and racial accusations. Protests evolved into riots. We have nightly riots still occurring in Portland, Oregon.
- Censorship was implemented to include the burning of books. Dr. Suess books are being taken off the shelfs as I write this.
- Certain religions and groups of people were charged with being racist or a threat to the country. Currently, anyone of the white race in our country who is or has been successful is now accused of being a member of the “white supremacy.”
- Hitler was the Time magazine “Man of the Year” in 1938. Biden & Harris are the “Persons of the Year” for 2020.